WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
- Adaptable to the level of the players
"Challenging for both first-timers and advanced escape room players"
- Scalable to the size of your group
"Nobody has to watch and stand idle"
- A lot of hands-on tasks
"Common sense over brain twisters"
- A nice mix of stories and puzzles
"A realistic but unpredictable escape adventure"
The GalleryWelcome to our gallery! We are located in a monumental canal house in Amsterdam near the Leidseplein (Leidse Square). An anonymous, overwhelmingly rich art collector is presenting his collection once-only to a select audience. The details of the works of art have not been announced; taking pictures is strictly forbidden! So, book a one hour tour now, before it’s too late...
escapist escaperoomsEscape room The Gallery is an interactive game in which a group of up to 6 players have one hour to escape from a room.
You'll find a way out of the room by searching for clues, fulfilling tasks, solving puzzles, but most of all, by working together.
Great fun for friends, tourists and as a company retreat: for both beginners and experienced players!
Read more above about our escape room The Gallery, a few steps away from the Leidse Square in Amsterdam.
TEAM ESCAPISTWhat is even more fun than playing an escape room? Designing and building your own!
We, four Amsterdam escape room enthusiasts, built this room, combining all of our ideas of what makes an escape room a great experience.
Every task was invented by us, created with love and tested elaborately. We are very curious about your opinion!
Edwin, Johan, Niels and Robin, February 2018
- What is an escape room?An escape room is a game where you get locked in a room and can discover the path to freedom by solving various puzzles and assignments. A game (with us) lasts for about one hour.
- Where is escape room The Gallery located and how do we get there?Our address is Leidsegracht 108-souterrain in Amsterdam. The entrance is opposite to the canal. There is a round door with a bright red lit door bell at the end of a couple of stairs. We are located at walking distance (a couple of minutes) from the Leidseplein. From here, trams connect you to the entire city. For example; to Amsterdam Central Station (trams 1, 2 en 5), to subway station Weesperplein (tram 7 and 10) where you can take the subway (metro in Dutch) to travel further to station Bijlmer Arena and Amsterdam Amstel. You can use Google Maps to plan your journey with public transport. Travelling the Dutch way, by bike, is also highly recommended. You can park your bike at the Raamplein. It is also possible to come by car, but parking is very expensive. The nearest parking lot is QPark Byzantium, tariff is approximately 6 euros per hour. Make sure that you are present with your entire group 10 minutes before the game starts.
- How many players can play the escape room?The escape room is designed in a way that groups large and small can all enjoy a fun challenge. We feel that the escape room is best suited for groups of 3 to 6 players, but if you are with a group of 7, you can book using this link. Do you want to come play with a larger group? Then please read below all about our group arrangements or just e-mail us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you desire to play The Gallery as a duo? This is possible. Book using this 2 persons link. But please note that if you are a novice escape room player, we highly recommended that you find at least a third person to join, since the escape room is pretty tough.
- How difficult is escape room The Gallery?We designed the escape room to be fun and challenging for both novice as experienced players. How we achieved this is our secret, but you can trust us on this and of course check out the reviews left by previous players. On your request, we are also able to customize the way and intensity we guide you through the game. This way, we provide all groups of different shapes and sizes and exciting hour filled with thrills and sensation!
- What is the minimum age to be able to play the escape room?Escape room The Gallery is an exciting experience, but not scary. Therefore it is also a great experience for families with children. The minimum age to play the escape room is 12 years old. However, for a group of only 12 year olds the escape room can be pretty difficult, so it is preferred that at least one adult joins your team as well.
- In which languages can you play escape room The Gallery?The escape room can be played in English and Dutch.
- Can I also give the escape room to someone as a present?Of course! We can add your personalized gift code creation to a gift voucher. The lucky person who received this gift can use the code for their booking. Send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will get this done in a jiffy!
- I would like to organize a group / team event at your escape room. Is this possible?Absolutely! We have one escape room at the moment, that can be played by maximum 7 players at once. For the people waiting, we have a bar and a nice foyer where you can enjoy drinks and snacks. There is a (meeting) room where we can accommodate groups and for example organize workshops to keep the group entertained. We are also able to provide catering as desired. This way, we can organize customized group arrangements for up to 21 persons. Surprise parties, team events, bachelor(ette) parties, birthdays and drinks are all great events to host at our escape room. We would also love to brainstorm with you about how we can make your escape room event at The Gallery a unique experience, for example by altering the escape room a bit to fit your desires. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can escape room The Gallery be used for training purposes?Definitely, the escape room is very suitable for this. We can follow the players via video cameras and these can be viewed by the participants together with, for example, a psychologist or trainer in our multifunctional (meeting) room. Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in our training options.